A picture of the posters on the University Walkway.
UMKC Students Received University Pushback at Pro-Palestine Protest
Aurora Wilson and Maisy Blanton April 29, 2024

Over 150 students showed up to participate in a protest in solidarity with Palestine and other protests across the nation on Monday.   Around...

Student organization spreads positive energy on campus

Looking for a way to spread your positive vibes on campus? Well, look no further. 

Since September 2015, the Positive + Energy club at UMKC has been in the business of positively encouraging students in all kinds of ways. 

Cameron Young, faculty advisor and founder of the organization, says it was important to have an organization like this at UMKC. 

“It is great for people’s mental health, both on campus and in the community,” Young said. 

The organization radiates happiness and good vibes. Its mission is to put positive energy into people’s lives through random acts of kindness and other initiatives. 

One of its biggest events is Positive Chalk, where members write encouraging messages on the sidewalks throughout campus for fellow students to read.

UMKC student Kait Young says the positive chalk messages she sees on campus make her feel like she can tackle her classes and the day ahead. 

“I remember that I am enough,” Young said. 

The club also sponsors a free-hugs event at UMKC, where you can hug a fellow student and provide positive energy through a warm embrace. 

Cameron Young emphasized the unique, positive experience the club offers students.

“People can come in and be themselves, while surrounding themselves with other people who want to make a difference,” said Young.

Want to get involved? Log into Roo Groups and get connected today!