The decision was made on May 23, 2024.
University of Missouri Board approves 3-5% tuition increase for 2024-2025 academic year
Evelyn Berger, Intern • July 12, 2024

The University of Missouri board of Curators has approved a 3-5% undergraduate and graduate tuition increase for the 2024-2025 academic year.   ...

Banner and KC skyline at Boulevardia.
Boulevardia 2024: Kansas City's ultimate urban music fest rocks Crown Center
Catie Walker, Staff Writer • June 20, 2024

Kansas City partied last weekend on Grand Boulevard at Crown Center for Boulevardia 2024, KC’s largest urban street music festival. The...

Taking place from June 7-9, the event featured performers, businesses and other organizations.
Kansas City PrideFest: A vibrant celebration of love and acceptance
Catie Walker and Evelyn BergerJune 11, 2024

Kansas City celebrated the LGBTQ+ community at the 47th annual PrideFest and parade this weekend at Theis Park.    “Pride gives the...

Boulevardia 2024: Kansas City’s ultimate urban music fest rocks Crown Center

Milky Chance and Thundercat headline as hundreds enjoy four stages, silent disco, and more
Banner+and+KC+skyline+at+Boulevardia.+
Catie Walker
Banner and KC skyline at Boulevardia.

Kansas City partied last weekend on Grand Boulevard at Crown Center for Boulevardia 2024, KC’s largest urban street music festival.

The festival, sponsored by Boulevard Brewing Co. and Visit Missouri, featured artists Milky Chance and Thundercat as headliners.

With four separate stages and an ongoing silent disco, music was in every corner of the festival.

“The silent disco was my favorite part. I loved being able to switch between the three different DJs, that way there was always something I liked,” said Madeline Platt, a festival attendee.

Attendees in the silent disco listened to live DJs through headphones. This gave listeners full control of the volume and created an accessible music experience.

The silent disco, sponsored by Monster Energy, gave away free full-sized Monster Energy drinks at the disco, keeping the party going all night.

The festival had tons of freebies up for grabs. The Big Green Egg tent spent the whole festival smoking and sampling meats and pizzas on its grills.

Vendors were split between the Makers Village, full of art, crafts, and jewelry, and CannaVillage, where dispensaries and cannabis companies set up tents and sampled THC drinks.

Fae Woods with Red Hare Leather a local queer-owned leather company, set up her tent in the Makers Village for the third year in a row.

“I love coming out here and showing my stuff to this audience. For such a big event, it is surprisingly chill and relaxed,” said Woods.

Woods also stressed the importance of staying hydrated, as the heat crested at 94 degrees on Saturday.

The festival had beer tents in each area and served more than just beer. Bars also served hard-seltzers, cocktails, and non-alcoholic drinks.

“The tickets were expensive, but I think for what you’re getting, it’s worth it,” said festival attendee Madeline Platt.

Platt said the amount of music, activities, and free samples at tents made up for the steep $45 ticket price, $55 at the door.

Free activities like horseshoes, cornhole, and the silent disco gave attendees something extra to do while waiting for their favorite artists to perform.

Over 50 artists performed this weekend, including The Cowardly Lions, Post Sex Nachos, Hanson, and the Pom Pom Squad.

Although some chairs were near each stage, seating seemed scarce. Many people sat on curbs, blankets, or on the ground.

Boulevardia 2024 was overall a vibrant and diverse experience, blending musical and artistic spirits into Kansas City’s largest urban street festival.

For more information on this year’s event, click here.