A picture of the posters on the University Walkway.
UMKC Students Received University Pushback at Pro-Palestine Protest
Aurora Wilson and Maisy Blanton April 29, 2024

Over 150 students showed up to participate in a protest in solidarity with Palestine and other protests across the nation on Monday.   Around...

Roos Golf Stakes Claim to Excellency

As the Roos prepare to head to the Sin City, several golfers have their crosshairs set towards legendary status
Iqbal Singh
Roos Golf has seen much success this season.

The Roos men’s golf team was recently tabbed as the 3rd most likely to win the Summit League Championship by all nine-head coaches of the league. 

This comes right after winning their first Summit League Championship last year and achieving their sixth ever NCAA playoff berth.

With Maxence Catherine and Thomas Luger graduating last season, faith in the Roos’ success slightly faltered amongst the league. However, as the team prepares for their arrival at Reflection Bay for the Lake Las Vegas Invitational on Feb 26, the perceived fall may be exaggerated.

Oklahoma native Mesa Falleur is ranked fifth out of all golfers in the conference and named “Player to Watch” by the Summit League.

During last year’s Vegas Invitational, Falleur achieved his season best with a six-under 66 and this is only his sophomore year. With a current average of 74.09 strokes, Falleur has the ability to concur in the future. 

“French Phenom” Lucas Dutartre enters this season after being named “Summit League Newcomer of the Year”. Dutartre averages 73 strokes and is tied for most pars during last year’s NCAA Las Vegas invitational.

Falleur and Dutartre are joined as noted players on the team with upperclassmen Joshuaa Robards. The Aussie junior starts the season as the reigning individual men’s champion, with an average of 73.09 strokes and a low round of 66. 

This is the last season for GCAA All-American Daniel Gutgeselll, having produced great success last season finishing a “T14 while competing as an individual at the Missouri State Intercollegiate, the second-best finish by a Roo”. Gutgsell’s current all-time average is 74.52 and has more than earned him the title of veteran. 

Adam Challoner, Blake Saffell and Luke Leonetti have yet to step foot on the greens, and time will tell if Head Coach J.W. VanDenBorn will have them on the active roster come gametime.

Follow Roos men’s golf on Instagram.