Aydan Stigler and Grace BeshoreMarch 14, 2024

Trick or treat yourself: Top five pumpkin cravings for fall

Ah, fall; the wind gets chilly, the air gets crisp and the leaves start to change color. Since one often associates the season with pumpkins, here are some pumpkin cravings for you to celebrate fall.

1. Pumpkin spiced lattes
Let’s face it, the first thing that pops into your mind when the word “pumpkin” is mentioned is most likely pumpkin spiced lattes. A nationwide obsession with this handcrafted drink has caused caffeine addicts to fondly refer to it as PSL. A nice warm PSL perfectly sums up fall in a cup. All that’s missing is a scarf wrapped around your neck and Taylor Swift’s “All Too Well” playing in the background as you walk to your 7 a.m. class.

2. Pumpkin scones
Scones are the perfect snack to accompany a cup of joe, or even a PSL. Contrary to popular belief, they are not as sweet as you think. If you are someone who loves to stress bake, try whipping up a batch of pumpkin scones.

3. Pumpkin soup
With the drastic weather change, it is common for many of us to fall sick. Between classes and work, it can be easy for us to neglect our physical health. Instead of having the typical chicken noodle soup to clear your sinuses, try some pumpkin soup instead.

4. Pumpkin pie
Thanksgiving is a month away, but this does not mean we can’t indulge in a slice or two of pie early! Pumpkin pies are an absolute delicacy and the perfect comfort food. A Thanksgiving staple, having some pumpkin pie can also momentarily transport you back home, which is perfect whenever you are feeling homesick. 

5. Pumpkin bagels
With Einstein’s conveniently located on campus, this list would not be complete without mentioning pumpkin bagels. This is a quick option for food on-the-go and is the perfect company as you’re furiously scrambling to finish your papers. Top your pumpkin bagel off with a pumpkin schmear for the ultimate pumpkin treat.