Roos Fall Against Tommies in Summit League Battle

The Tommies’ fast-paced play proved too much for Kansas City men’s basketball
Sydney Siemens
Junior guard/forward Jamar Brown scored 15 points for the Roos on Saturday night.

A desperate team is a scary team. 

After dropping four of their last six games, the St. Thomas Tommies came charging into Swinney on Saturday night. 

A mere 34 days prior, the Roos traveled north to St. Paul, Minn. to take on St. Thomas on its home court. Kansas City was soundly defeated, 77-56.

This game wasn’t much cleaner on the Roos’ end. When the buzzer sounded to end the game, Kansas City had lost by a score of 71-56.

While KC had an okay shooting night, putting up 42.2% of its shots, the rebounding was disastrous. When it came to the offensive glass, the Roos were only able to snag two rebounds all night.

Junior guard/forward Jamar Brown was the star of the game for the Roos. Brown posted 15 points, seven rebounds and a block on the night. He shot 33.3% from the field and was two for two from the line.

The Roos now go on a two-game road trip. The next home game will be on Feb. 15 at 7 p.m. against the South Dakota State Jackrabbits. Tickets can be purchased here, or the game can be streamed on the Summit League Network via Midco Sports.