UMKC Strikes Deal with Chiefs

Photo accredited to Brandon Parigo

The Kansas City Chiefs and UMKC announced an official partnership on Sept 6, the school announced. The collaboration offers growth for student success and recruitment.

The five-year agreement provides leadership, mentorship and career-shadowing opportunities as well as scholarships. There will also be events held for prospective students which include stadium tours and other programs. 

“Kansas City’s university is thrilled to join with Kansas City’s football team to bring exceptional real-world learning experiences to our students,” said UMKC Vice Chancellor of Strategic Marketing and Communications Anne Hartung Spenner. “There is great forward momentum in our city and our university, and we look forward to building on this continuing wave of excellence in our community through this partnership.”

This companionship comes months after UMKC’s five-year agreement with the Kansas City Zoo. With UMKC intriguing students from more than 75 countries, it is no mystery as to why these mutualities are blooming. The growth of the student population is evident and now attracts big names.

“We’re very excited to roll out this new education partnership with the administration, faculty, staff and students at UMKC,” said Chiefs Vice President of Partnership Strategy and Development Kim Hobbs. “We think the relationship between the team and the university will present extremely unique opportunities and access for their students moving forward and will reinforce the idea that Roos should ‘Never Choose the Norm.’”