The limited series has six episodes on Netflix.
UMKC’s Women’s Center hosts Feminist Film Friday
Renée Ashley, Staff Writer • September 30, 2023

UMKC Women’s Center hosted a Feminist Film Friday, featuring the first episode of the new Netflix series “Ladies First: A Story of Women...

GUTS soundtrack features 12 songs, rounding out at 39 minutes.
Olivia Rodrigo “GUTS”: A Second Album Triumph that Cements Her Status
Jackson Ogden, RooTV Co-Executive Producer • September 26, 2023

Forget a sophomore slump; Olivia Rodrigo just put out a sophomore statement.   Rodrigo released her new album earlier this month, titled...

The Kansas City Repertory Theater is located on UMKCs campus and has a variety of shows throughout the year.
UMKC Student Flourishes in “Cyrano de Bergerac”
Aurora Wilson, Lifestyle and Culture Editor • September 25, 2023

Dri Hernaez, a third-year MFA acting candidate at UMKC, didn’t expect to find a career in acting, but KC Rep Spencer Theater helped her grasp...

The Art Garden KC
The Art Garden KC
Aydan Stigler, Photographer • September 20, 2023

A mural of Patrick Mahomes on the side of Ale House.
The Best Places to Catch the Chiefs This Season
Alexandrea Erisman and Adedeji AdebaworeSeptember 15, 2023

Let’s face it, the spot to be on game day is undoubtedly GEHA Field at Arrowhead Stadium, but we can’t all score a ticket inside.   We...

AreYouKiddingTV Visits UMKC

Passing students rush to complete the challenge and earn their reward
Gizzi and Lannum are known for not breaking character or answering questions until their task has been completed (Cristian Martinez)

Despite the heat, dozens of students gathered outside UMKC’s Swinney Center today around 2 p.m. to see the popular YouTube duo.

A sign taped to Joey Gizzi’s shirt read, “The first person to bring us a football, kick a field goal through our arms and then dump this cooler of Gatorade on your head gets 2 tickets to NFL Kickoff.” Steven Lannum stood next to Grizzi, holding the prize. 

Students flocked to read the sign and ran to complete the mission while the two taskmasters stood in silence, until one passerby appeared with a ball. 

As they pulled out the football Gizzi and Lannum each put up an arm at a 90-degree angle and formed a faux field goal. The student made sure to move their backpack and phone out of the splash zone before pouring the Gatorade over their body. Their cold splash paid off, and they got the prize as promised.

The excitement was evident on their face and soon the popular pair broke character to congratulate the winner and share the enthusiasm. After the challenge was complete, AreYouKiddingTV posed in selfies with UMKC students while holding up the task sign. 

@areyoukiddingtv Right place at the right time 🏈 @NFL #nflpartner ♬ original sound – AreYouKiddingTV

The team of two started making videos as college students in 2016. Now their channel has amassed over 1 billion views and 2 million subscribers on YouTube and over 5 million followers on TikTok. 

Gizzi and Lannum’s story shows that success is not instant. When asked about advice they would give their past selves in an interview for PopCulturalist, the pair spoke about the need to hone their craft and persevere. 

“I would remind myself that if you’re passionate about something, don’t let it go,” Gizzi said. “Stay consistent. Even if it’s not perfect, go get your work out there, and don’t give up because you’re not seeing success right away.”

Check out AreYouKiddingTV on YouTube to see other colleges they have visited and subscribe.