Arrival of Autumn on Campus

As fall sets in, UMKC students share their excitement for the season ahead.
Students+embrace+the+season+with+festive+decorations.+
Aurora Wilson
Students embrace the season with festive decorations.

The arrival of fall is approaching UMKC as the air becomes crispier, days get shorter and the leaves transition to vibrant hues of colors.

Students can expect a multitude of events across campus. SAGA’s annual Lights Out Frights out, Drag Show, pumpkin painting contests and haunted campus tours are anticipated favorites. 

The KC Metro also hosts a variety of events to showcase the different ways the season is celebrated. The Renaissance Festival, Halloween Haunt at Worlds of Fun and Pumpkin Fest are all renowned events for students to attend.

Many UMKC groups are planning on announcing events based around the spooky season. The UMKC Climbing Club and UMKC Gaming club are some of the first with a Spooky Boulder Bash and a Halloween Game Night

Busy students often use the breaks during the fall season to visit loved ones and create lasting memories.

“I’m really excited and looking forward to spending time with my family during this holiday season. Throughout the year, everyone is always busy. The time I do get to spend with them, I make sure to cherish it,” said Adrian Salazar, a sophomore majoring in nursing.

As the temperatures begin to drop, students are also excited for a new wave of fashion to hit campus. 

“I love fall fashion. I love dressing [in the] comfy and cute outfits that come along with fall,” Salazar said. 

This is the season of embracing, whether it be embracing the beauty of nature, family traditions, or seasonal eating.

“I am most excited about going to pumpkin patches, getting the chance to eat the traditional meals my mom makes and enjoying the coziness that fall brings,” said Marvella Sanchez, a senior majoring in criminal justice.

At UMKC, it becomes evident that fall is not about the change in the season, but a sense in bringing people together, making memories and enjoying the simple pleasures there are to life.

To keep up with events at UMKC, check out Roo Groups