The decision was made on May 23, 2024.
University of Missouri Board approves 3-5% tuition increase for 2024-2025 academic year
Evelyn Berger, Intern • July 12, 2024

The University of Missouri board of Curators has approved a 3-5% undergraduate and graduate tuition increase for the 2024-2025 academic year.   ...

Banner and KC skyline at Boulevardia.
Boulevardia 2024: Kansas City's ultimate urban music fest rocks Crown Center
Catie Walker, Staff Writer • June 20, 2024

Kansas City partied last weekend on Grand Boulevard at Crown Center for Boulevardia 2024, KC’s largest urban street music festival. The...

Taking place from June 7-9, the event featured performers, businesses and other organizations.
Kansas City PrideFest: A vibrant celebration of love and acceptance
Catie Walker and Evelyn BergerJune 11, 2024

Kansas City celebrated the LGBTQ+ community at the 47th annual PrideFest and parade this weekend at Theis Park.    “Pride gives the...

Kansas City Athletics Partners with ShotTracker

Instant feedback on players’ performances could help basketball programs
Julia Kapros
The innovative system outlines a player’s skills with the use of sensors.

Kansas City Athletics is partnering with ShotTracker, a local sports-data company. 

Based out of Merriam, KS, ShotTracker uses sensors that are placed around the arena, in the basketball and even on the players themselves to deliver data down to the millisecond. With over 70 data points being analyzed, the company also claims to provide statistics that will improve player performance. 

“ShotTracker’s cutting-edge technology will revolutionize the way we interpret, leverage and monetize data, inevitably improving both the student-athlete and fan experiences,” said Vice Chancellor and Director of Athletics Dr. Brandon Martin.

The high-tech equipment is currently being utilized by over 60 men’s and women’s college basketball programs such as Oklahoma, Kansas, Texas and more. It has even made its way to the NBA, and is used by the Phoenix Suns

Fan engagement will also have the opportunity to increase with interactive games provided by ShotTracker. The hope is that increased engagement will result in increased attendance and therefore revenue.

Kansas City Athletics predicts that utilizing ShotTracker will make Swinney a nationwide leader in in-game entertainment and appears to be the first Summit League school to participate in the program.

With increased data that promotes higher player performance, there is much to look forward to with both men’s and women’s basketball this season. Basketball season begins on Nov. 6 and openers will be played in the Swinney Center.