The decision was made on May 23, 2024.
University of Missouri Board approves 3-5% tuition increase for 2024-2025 academic year
Evelyn Berger, Intern • July 12, 2024

The University of Missouri board of Curators has approved a 3-5% undergraduate and graduate tuition increase for the 2024-2025 academic year.   ...

Banner and KC skyline at Boulevardia.
Boulevardia 2024: Kansas City's ultimate urban music fest rocks Crown Center
Catie Walker, Staff Writer • June 20, 2024

Kansas City partied last weekend on Grand Boulevard at Crown Center for Boulevardia 2024, KC’s largest urban street music festival. The...

Taking place from June 7-9, the event featured performers, businesses and other organizations.
Kansas City PrideFest: A vibrant celebration of love and acceptance
Catie Walker and Evelyn BergerJune 11, 2024

Kansas City celebrated the LGBTQ+ community at the 47th annual PrideFest and parade this weekend at Theis Park.    “Pride gives the...

Kansas City’s Comeback Effort Falls Short in Loss to North Dakota State

The Roos made a strong comeback effort during the second half in their 69-65 loss to North Dakota State in Sunday’s Summit League tournament. (KC Roos Athletics Instagram)

The Roos made a strong comeback effort during the second half in their 69-65 loss to North Dakota State in Sunday’s Summit League tournament. 

Kansas City came into the game as the sixth seed, while North Dakota State was ranked as the third seed for the tournament.

The first half was a mighty struggle for the Roos. They shot just 30% from the field and 20% from three, seemingly unable to buy a basket. North Dakota State shot 45%, allowing them to hold a comfortable lead for the entire first half of play.

The first half ended with a score of 38-22 in North Dakota State’s advantage.

With around 14 minutes to go in the second half, the Roos stepped on the gas pedal and started chipping away at North Dakota State’s lead. Kansas City’s kickstart came from a three-point basket from Devon House.

From there, Kansas City started to make an impressive run. They were led by Josiah Allick, who scored 15 of the team’s 17 points during this period of rejuvenation. 

Kansas City was able to cut the Bisons’ lead to just eight with about five minutes left in the half. Incrementally they continued to reduce the lead until it was down to two points with 30 seconds remaining. 

The Roos had an opportunity to tie the game and send it into overtime, but were forced to foul after a missed layup in the closing seconds. North Dakota State was able to make a pair of free throws to ice the game.

Kansas City showed a great amount of fight and edge in the second half in order to bring it back to a one possession game at the end of regulation.

In the second half, the Roos shot 43% and outscored North Dakota State by 12 points. 

Strong performances for Kansas City were put on by Allick, as he recorded a double-double with 23 points and 10 boards, and Brandon McKissic, who added another 13 points.

Kansas City finishes the season 11-13 in its first year in the Summit League.