Manuel Rivera and Brenna Oxley February 13, 2024

Getting a head start on summer and fall enrollment

The priority enrollment for the fall semester opens up on April 5, and non-priority opens up for everyone on April 20. (UMKC Office of Registration and Records)

UMKC has announced the academic registration dates for the upcoming summer and fall semesters.

Prior to enrollment, every student is required to meet with their advisor. The enrollment office requires the advising step to ensure students remain on course to fulfill their major requirements. 

Students should make sure to plan their advisor meetings so they can enroll before classes begin to fill up, especially ones with favorite professors. The priority enrollment date is March 22 for the summer semester April 5 for the fall semester. Non-priority enrollment opens up on April 20 for the fall semester.

The deadlines for both semesters as far as withdrawing, dropping and receiving refunds for classes are also published on UMKC advising website.

Priority enrollment for the Summer semester starts on March 22 and open registration for everyone begins on March 24.

Enrollment is completed in the Student Pathway in Self-Service under the enrollment tab. The rest of the process is easy to navigate. Students who enroll in more than 17 credit hours will need approval from their academic advisor. 

For the students considering summer courses, most scholarships aren’t applicable for this session. Students will need to take at least six credit hours for financial aid to apply during the summer. However, if students are concerned about costs, there is a separate financial aid form that can be completed in order to be considered for aid. 

The Summer Financial aid application is not necessary for pharmacy, dental and medical students.