A picture of the posters on the University Walkway.
UMKC Students Received University Pushback at Pro-Palestine Protest
Aurora Wilson and Maisy BlantonApril 29, 2024

Over 150 students showed up to participate in a protest in solidarity with Palestine and other protests across the nation on Monday.   Around...

Seven Spooky Movies for a Halloweek-end In

A list brimming with eerie recommendations
Browse+the+endless+possibilities+of+chilling+recommendations.+
Alexandrea Erisman
Browse the endless possibilities of chilling recommendations.

In a rut this fall season? Want to have a terrifying time, but don’t know where to start? 

Search no further, mortals. The following spell, I mean list, will enchant your Halloween streaming needs long into the witching hour. 

1. Rocky Horror Picture Show” (1975) For fans of cult classics with affliction to camp, this musical is sure to satisfy one’s wildest fantasies. Watch this movie with the Brad to your Janet or with friends on Hulu, and everyone will be doing the time-warp by the end.
  2. Halloweentown” Series (1998-2006) Family viewing and nostalgia make the first 3 of these Disney flicks perfect for candy corn and memory lane. However, if you want to enrage your inner witch, watch the fourth film and deep dive into why Marnie was replaced.
  3. The Addams Family” (1991/1993) Freaks, outcasts, and dysfunctional families alike gather around the crystal ball each year to mystify themselves in the wonder that is the clan of Addams. Filled with lust, attempted murder and hijinks, this film streaming on Paramount+ is surefire way to win All Hallows Eve and get into the grieving spirit.
  4. Practical Magic” (1998) Calling all sinister sisters, this one’s for you. Grab a pitcher of margaritas, bury your toxic ex, turn on Hulu and spend a cinematic night in a small-town conjuring up curses all night long with your girlies.
  5. Edward Scissorhands” (1990) If you thought you could change him, think again. This hair-raiser of a film available on Max proves that love can defy all the odds, even if it’s a little creepy.
  6. The Witches of Eastwick” (1987) If the devil has been whispering in your ear lately, learn a few tricks from the best witches on the block. Full of fun, magic and mischief, the star studded cast of this movie is worth the small fee of $3.99 on Amazon Prime.
  7. Beetlejuice” (1988) Feeling like a ghost of yourself? Come back to reality using Max with the eccentric cast of this other worldly plot.

Grab your broomsticks, snacks and friends, and let the Halloween movie marathon begin – because this fall season, the magic is in the movies.