Want a sweet treat to share this Valentine’s Day? Are you flying solo on Feb.14 and need a warm baked good to cheer you up? Either way, this easy recipe for snickerdoodle bars is sure to delight. The thick, chewy variant of the snickerdoodle cookie takes little work and tastes delicious.
- 2 and 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups brown sugar (packed down)
- 1 cup butter (at room temperature)
- 2 eggs (also at room temperature)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9 x 13 inch (or similar size) baking pan.
- In a bowl, mix the flour, salt, and baking powder.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs, brown sugar, butter, and vanilla together.
- Pour the flour mixture into the egg mixture and beat thoroughly until they are well blended.
- Spread the batter as evenly as possible into the baking pan.
- In a small container, mix the white sugar and cinnamon. Then sprinkle this mixture over the top of the batter.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Let it cool, then cut into squares and enjoy!