Campus Fast Fact: Study abroad fair

Lindsay Adams

The 8th annual Study Abroad fair will take place from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m on Tuesday, Sept. 6. in the Multipurpose Room, Room 401, in the Student Union.

This fair is to educate students and faculty about study abroad opportunities.

There will be informational tables as well as participants to answer questions about their experiences.

Study Abroad representatives and faculty-led drogram directors will be at the fair to talk about their specific programs.

Hundreds of UMKC students study abroad every year, and experience personal and career growth. This program is unique as it gives one more than just a glimpse into a different culture, but allows one to experience it firsthand.

Study Abroad options are available during the fall, spring, and summer semesters.

This fair can give students more information on how one can study abroad and how to receive college credit at different universities around the world.

There is a wide variety of places one can go, from Argentina to Sweden to France.

While such a trip may seem to many students completely unfeasible due to financial concerns and time contraints, these do not have to hold one back from experiencing studying abroad.

Scholarships and financial aid are available for most Study Abroad programs.

The universities around the world to which students travel offer classes in English aimed at international students. Studying abroad doesn’t have to set students behind in their studies either, as many classes can transfer easily into required classes if one plans ahead. There are academic advisers, who can help students ensure that they stay on track for their majors even if they study abroad for a semester.

For more information, contact the International Academic Programs Office at 5325 Rockhill Rd. or call at 816-235-5759.