Save the date

Sarah Ashlock

Monday, Jan. 24

Organization Funding Workshop at University Center Room 160: 4-5 p.m.

James Christos at the recordBar: 10 p.m. Putting out independent releases of his music since 1998, Christos has been called the “Midwest Rap Czar” because of his involvement in the Kansas City hip hop scene. Catch him at the recordBar with PL, Wurm and the Madness, Shudder and The Three’s.

Tuesday, Jan. 25

“Kansas City Murder Factory” Documentary Film and Panel Discussion at Student Union Theater: 6-9 p.m. The Criminal Justice & Criminology Department and AdHoc Group Against Crime will sponsor this event, which features a panel discussion from Dr. Toya Like, AdHoc founder Alvin Brooks and Mike Rollen, producer/director of the film. Admission is free, but a $10 donation is suggested.

The Monthly Movie Matinee at Linda Hall Library: 2 p.m. The library screens scientific films on the last Tuesday of each month. They are screening “Tesla: Master of Lightning,” a film depicting Nikola Tesla, who invented and developed the basis for radio and television, neon lighting, remote radio-control and X-rays.

Wednesday, Jan. 26

Ice Skating at Crown Center Ice Skating Rink: 7-9 p.m. The Activity and Program Council (APC) is hosting an ice skating event. Admission is free for the first 30 students.

Thursday, Jan. 27

Student Government Association City Council and Mayoral Debate at Pierson Auditorium: 6 p.m. This event helps students and community members get to know candidates before the February election. Visit www. studo.umkc.edu/sga/ for more information.

Sex Signals at Student Union Theater: 7-9 p.m. The APC hosts this event to further the conversation on sexual relations and interactions between college students. Admission is free.

Friday, Jan. 28

Study Abroad Information Session at the International Academic Programs (IAP) Office: 2 p.m. Students considering studying abroad should attend this free meeting to learn more. The IAP will tell you what countries you could study in and how to make it happen. Visit www.umkc.edu/international/ for more information.

Queer Alliance Pink Friday at Student Union Room 325: 3-6 p.m. This is an informal event to discuss upcoming events, meet peers and ask questions. Free food and beverages will be provided. Contact the UMKC Queer Alliance for more information.

Chinese New Year at Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art: 10 a.m.-9 p.m. The Nelson hosts a celebration of the Chinese New Year. There will be tea demonstrations, Chinese games, calligraphers, performances and more. The event will also occur Saturday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. and include a children’s dance performance. Some events require tickets; so please visit www.nelson-atkins.org for more information.

Saturday, Jan. 29

College Basketball Experience at the Sprint Center: 1-4 p.m. Join APC and take a trip to the unique Basketball Experience. To sign up, contact the Office of Student Involvement at 816-235-1407.

Sunday, Jan. 30

Classic Cup Café Wine Club at Country Club Plaza: 4-6 p.m. For those 21and up, the Classic Cup Café hosts a wine tasting event on the last Sunday of every month. The event, which costs $30, is hosted by Stephen Malloy and includes a sample of four-five wines, appetizers, and two bottles of wine.