Briefly Mentioned

Briana Ibanez

Global Consortium of Entrepreneurship Centers awards IEI

UMKC’s Institute for Entrepreneurship and Innovation (IEI) recently received two awards from the Global Consortium of Entrepreneurship Centers (GCEC).

The IEI won two out of five international awards: Outstanding Contributions to Enterprise Creation and Exceptional Activities in Entrepreneurship Across Disciplines.

The winners were announced on Oct. 23 at the 14th Annual Global Consortium of Entrepreneurship Conference.

Winners were chosen by a board of peer directors.

According to a UMKC press release, winners from the five categories are considered to be amid the top centers for entrepreneurship.

The GCEC is the top leadership organization that discusses important upcoming topics that will become relevant to the United States centers for entrepreneurships throughout universities.

For more information about UMKC’s IEI, please visit www.entrepreneurship.bloch.umkc.edu/.

UMKC artists can be ‘Number One’

UMKC’s Student Literary Journal, Number One Magazine, is now taking original artistic submissions from graphic artists, student writers and photographers.

Submissions will be accepted until the deadline of Dec. 10.

According to a UMKC press release, Number One Magazine has moved up their publishing time. The reason for this is so students’ work will be published while the scholastic year is still going on.

Number One Magazine will be published in January 2011.

They publish original work from UMKC students in the categories of creative nonfiction (essays), 10-minute plays and screenplays, photography, poetry, fiction and graphic arts.

To get your work published in the 62nd edition of Number One, email your artistic creation as a Google document or an attachment to [email protected]

For more information about Number One Magazine, go to http://cas.umkc.edu/english/publications.asp.