Three jobs keep this student busy

Alex Dapp

Welcome to another school year at UMKC. I am the Arts & Entertainment editor for the 2014-2015 school year. I strive to bring you the best coverage of all the happenings on campus and in the Kansas City area. From concerts, movies, arts shows and everything in between, the Arts & Entertainment section of The University News will hopefully become the student body’s go-to guide for events this academic year and beyond.

This is my last year at UMKC, and I hope to cherish each moment and to take advantage of the opportunities the University offers. Fortunately, my job as A&E editor allows me to gain knowledge about entertaining and interesting events, and I am excited to share everything this year has to offer with all of our readers.

When I’m not in class or working at U-News, I am either interning in the Strategic Marketing and Communications department on campus, or shuttling kids around town to soccer practice as their nanny. When I do get some down time, I like to spend it doing yoga or napping with my black lab pup.

I am excited to see what this year brings. University News has a great senior staff working each week to bring you the best newspaper possible. It is our goal to provide you with enough information to stay up-to-date and well-informed. The University News’ staff strives to deliver content you want to read each week. Your participation as readers and your involvement with U-News will only aid the success of this year’s publication.

The senior staff and I are looking forward to this school year and being alongside you every step of the way. Let’s make this year a good one.