Student Passes to the Symphony

Lindsay Lillig

The Kansas City Symphony has created a season pass especially for students.

The KC Symphony Student Subscription is a one-price pass that provides students under the age of 25 with the opportunity to see virtually all of the concerts included in the season. Students have to present a valid student ID at the symphony box office, or a purchase can be made online at www.kcsymphony.org. No extra fees or ticket service charges will be applied.

“We want to make it as easy as possible for students to enjoy the symphony,” said Frank Byrne, executive director. Student tickets without a subscription are $10 per concert which is a decent price as is, but with the student subscription, one can attend every concert for $25. If the pass is used for every show, the cost would be $2 each.

“The proverbial ‘offer you can’t refuse,” Byrne insisted.

In the current season, legendary pianists André Watts and Leon Fleisher are to attend as guest artists. There will be a performance of Verdi’s “Requiem” for orchestra and chorus, as well as recitals by piano phenomenon Yuja Wang and many more. The complete season schedule can be found on the symphony website.

“It’s a thrill and an experience you will never forget,” Byrne said.

To see and hear the Kansas City Symphony in the world-renowned Helzberg Hall at such an inexpensive cost is one of the best deals a student will find in the fine arts district of this city.

Call the box office at (816) 471-0400 for additional specifications or offers.